Friday, September 21, 2012

Crackle Start

Lately, this is what I have been working on: a Crackle quilt (pattern by Aneela Hooey, found here) using a layer cake by Lucy's Crab Shack.  I chose the Lucy's Crab Shack line because I liked it and thought it had a fair amount of light and dark fabrics that might provide suitable contrast for the pattern.  I like the way it looks so far and I am (surprisingly) enjoying the reptitive process of making the blocks.

This weekend is exciting for the Boston Modern Quilt Guild.  We are having our meeting tomorrow with none other than Angela Walters!  I am so excited - she is known for her amazing free motion quilting and I really love her work.  I can't wait!

3 comments:

alidiza said...

This is so cute!!! I LOVE this collection, haven't figured out what to do with my charm packs but you've definitely inpired me to start cutting;-)

parsley said...

This collection is beautiful, and the block showcases it so well! I assume this will be california king-sized? (Just kidding!!)

MalinisQuilts said...

Oh I love this. I love this fabric line too, Lucy's carb shack right?