Monday, October 08, 2012

Projects and some sweet yard sale finds

I made this rainbow log cabin lap quilt last weekend.  I used a pattern from a quilting magazine - I will cite the source when it's all finished.  I am surprised this is the first rainbow-quilt I have made, as I definitely love lots and lots of color.  I am please with how it came out - the grey is symbolic of clouds and sky.
 I finally made a serious dent in my Anna Maria Horner stash to make a quilt for the Tula Pink Sew Along.  I am using a pattern from her book called Dream Weaver.
Occasionally, on this blog, I like to share thrifty finds from yard sales that relate to sewing.  Since Charlotte was born early this year I haven't been yard saling as often as I would like.  But there are still a few weekends left in the season and I plan to take advantage of them!  On Saturday, I bought this gorgeous handmade, never been used pillowcases for a dollar a piece!  You can't buy cheap, plain ones at the store for that price.
 I also couldn't resist this antique-looking toy crib to give to Charlotte someday.  (It was only $3, so I really doubt it was anything special).  Can you imagine the cuteness of placing a Wee Wonderfuls-like doll along with a sweet doll quilt in there!?  I am so happy I had a little girl!

1 comment:

alidiza said...

Your Dreamweaver is going to be spectacular!!! Love your finds:-)