Monday, October 29, 2012

Sewing Costumes

Things have been a little crazy around here - nothing too concerning or out of the ordinary, I have just been feeling overwhelmed.  This is the main reason why I kept asking myself why I was trying to make Charlotte's costume when cute baby costumes really aren't expensive.  But I felt committed because I wanted to go along with Gregory's Toy Story obsession and create something space-invader-ish, instead of the typical girl-oriented "Jessie" option.  I could not buy a lime/neon green beanie to save my life - I checked TONS of stores!  So I finally had to concede and make one:
 I also did a quick and dirty planet applique on her shirt.  I couldn't believe that some people guessed that she was Kermit the Frog.  Really?  Three eyes?  What type of Muppet movies were they watching?
Next year, she will probably be a pumpkin - a favorite standby costume option that Gregory wore as a toddler.  Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

That is one cute beanie and love the applique on the shirt too.

They both look so adorable! Did you make the buzz costume too?

Natalie said...

I love the costumes! So cute!
I also decide I'm going to make something instead of buying it, and then stress myself out :) I like to think it's just part of the creative process!

alidiza said...

They're both so cute!!! Happy Halloween:-)