Thursday, October 25, 2012

Crackle Top Finished

On Monday of this week, the stars aligned and both of my children took a 3.5+ hour nap at the same time.  I quickly got started on putting all of my Crackle blocks together to make this quilt top.  I love how it came out!  This is such a fun, easy pattern.  The only thing that bugs me is that I am just not a big fan of precuts- I much prefer the look of mixing collections together to create a quilt.  Next time, I think I might make my own layer cake from my stash.
 The pattern is "Crackle" by Aneela Hooey, available in her etsy shop.  The fabric line I used is called Lucy's Crab Shack.  It may be a little while before I finish this one because I don't think I have any stash options for backing.  If anyone knows of a great price on this fabric line - please let me know.
For the time being, this quilt top joins the other projects in my WIP pile.  I recently gathered all of my WIPs to take a picture for a post on the BMQG blog regarding the guild challenge to have members complete their WIPs (as well as start to use their "precious" hoarded fabrics that we are all afraid to cut into).  Turns out I have 10 WIPs (I found another one after I took this picture).  Some are more important to me to finish than others.... but it's certainly more of a priority for me to get going on these after seeing them all together in such a big pile.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

amazing!! I am going to check out that pattern. You did a great job, and love the fabric choice!

alidiza said...

Another beautiful quilt top:-) I've got to pull out my UFO stack and figure out what I'm going to tackle for the challenge!!!

MalinisQuilts said...

Lucky you! 3.5hours?
Beautiful quilt top!

Love the pattern absolutely.