Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dreamweaver Quilt Top Completed

I completed the AMH Dreamweaver quilt top (pattern found in the book, Quilts from the House of Tula Pink) at the end of last week.  It took a while to be able to get a picture of it.  It's pretty big - measuring about 84 x 102.  My gracious husband kindly got on the roof to help me get a better picture of it- I swear, he does a lot to support me in this hobby. 
 This was a very easy pattern to do, the only alteration I included was adding an extra "bar" to each row.  I did this because of the color spectrum I was trying to create. 
 Playing with a bunch of Anna Maria Horner collections is so much fun - I am so glad I disregarded my original plan to keep the collections together and make individual quilts for each one.  Her colors and designs play very nicely together. 
I am entering this into the Tula Pink Sew-Along, check out the details here

My backing came in the mail yesterday from fabric.com.  It was so awesome to have a valid reason to buy nearly 8 yards of one of my favorite Loulouthi prints.  SO many of AMH's fabric designs were simply meant to back quilts, don't you think?

2 comments:

Shanna said...

absolutely gorgeous!! and I LOVE the backing fabric!!

parsley said...

I just bought the same Loulouthi print!! I love it and I think you're right that her large-scale prints are amazing backs - it's a shame to cut them! I can't wait to see this done!!