Friday, June 14, 2013

Fabric Friday

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments on the last post.  Here's a picture of the completed top I put together.  It's a little different than the original layout:
 

Today I made some quick pillowcases for a new grad:


About a month ago I won two $25 gift cards to Quilter's Way for my entries into a completed UFO challenge at the Chelmsford Guild.  I couldn't believe that I won twice - it totally cheered me up.  I am pretty sure that was the day that my son plowed into an old lady when he was riding his bike at the park.  I was going to wait until there was a fabric that I "really" needed to use the gift cards but when I saw that there whole store was 20% off today I decided to not wait.


I also had an awesome fabric score recently in finally finding this Tula Pink Birds and Bees bundle on Delrayfabrics.  I thought it was a typo or some sort of mistake when I saw Pam had this for a really great price so long after it was released.  I have been obsessing about this line for a while - debating if I should just go for a few half yards here and there and thinking about Superbuzzy having a bundle for nearly $100 (!).  Pam even partially refunded me some shipping by stuffing it all into a flat rate envelope.

So I am going to start doing a "Fabric Friday" post on this blog - just to talk about fabric whether it be a recent stash addition or an old favorite.  It will be a lot like the "Sunday Stash" posts of the blogosphere.  I hope you understand that I am not trying to brag or flaunt my fabric stash or purchases.  I stick to a certain budget and enjoy getting deals and swapping sometimes too.  We all have our guilty pleasures.

As a blog reader- I love it when people post pictures of their fabrics because I simply find it interesting to see what other people are excited about.  I also find it helpful to see actual photographs instead of the screen shots provided by the manufacturer.  And as my blog header says, "Sometimes I distract myself from buying fabric by sewing with it." I am trying not to take myself or this blog too seriously.  Actually, this blog used to be constant pictures of fabric and my family and friends would tease me that I didn't write a sewing blog - it was just a "fabric blog."  SO- WIPs and finished projects will continue to dominate this space with a little break for eye candy on Fridays.  I hope you will join me!

Now I am back to all of the Liberty X Plus blocks- can't wait to see this one to come together eventually!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love your completed stars top! All the QFB tops are coming out just as individual as all the people that have contributed to them - it's so much fun to see!

Jen said...

Loving those Liberty X-plus blocks! I like the cohesiveness of them.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Love looking at the Boston quilts...all those different blocks coming together to make something wonderful! You BMQG folks are amazing!

AND I thought the few little pieces of Birds and Bees I scored earlier this week was impressive...oh my! I have just discovered Tula and I could become a hoarder of her fabric. Thanks for the new fabric store to check out! Just what I need!!!

alidiza said...

You know I LOVE to hear about fabric:-) Total score on the Birds and Bees bundle!!!

Laura said...

So nice! I spotted one of my donated blocks in your fabulous quilt. Would you mind if I steal your photo for my blog? I'll link it back to you. Thanks for all of your hard work!

Tina in Boston said...

Wow u are really cranking out the quilts! Nice work!