Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tula Pink City Sampler - Blocks 4-6

In May, I made a big deal about the fabrics I was going to choose for the Tula Pink City Sampler Quilt Along.  I made blocks 1-3 and really felt stuck when I went to make the fourth block.  I let it sit for a while and made other things.  Then I had a chance to complete my Prince Charming FQ set by swapping fabrics through flickr.  (I love that collection but there seem to be a fair amount of people trying to unload theirs- for me, I regretted not just getting a bundle when I had the chance!).
 
So, I've decided to adjust my color scheme to include the Prince Charming and Salt Water collections.  It's rainbow-ish, multi-colored, and lots of stash fabrics play well with the two collections:
 
 
Here's block #4:
 

Block #5:


Block #6:

And here they are all together.  I thought I might have to redo blocks 1-3, but I am thinking I can probably get away with keeping them.  It will look more balanced as I catch up with the rest of the group- I am definitely behind with the pace of the quilt along.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great decision to add more color. I think it will really help make some of the blocks pop. I wouldn't worry about the first three blocks, they'll look great once you have more done.

MalinisQuilts said...

Great fabric choices! I think its gonna be wonderful colorful quilt!