Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Lots of cutting going on for my participation in both the Tula Pink and the Anna Maria Horner Charm swaps going on over on flickr.  I hate cutting - it is my least favorite part of the quilting process but I guess it's a "necessary evil."  What's your least favorite part of quilting?
 

I feel like I might lose some readers if I keep blogging about my X Plus and Crackle blocks - I feel like a broken record (hmmm.... how long can I keep saying that until people stop understanding the reference?)  I promise that next time you hear about these- it will be to showcase the completed tops.  I am so close!  Only 18 more X Plus and 40 Crackle left to go!

Yard sales last weekend were awesome for crafty finds - I stumbled upon two stashes of former quilters.  I will save my thrifted fabric finds for the end of the week, but I figured I would share this handmade little dress shirt that already has been worn by Charlotte:

Isn't it so sweet?  I am not sure if it was ever worn because it is in great shape.


Oh!  And check out this post on Ann Kelle's blog regarding the upcoming release of her Super Kids collection.  She listened to my suggestion to make superhero stationary she'd designed into fabric!!!!  I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the post.  It's pretty cool when designers listen to their fans.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Cutting is probably my least favorite part too. Can wait to see some finished quilt soon!

Laura C @ littleandlots said...

I don't mind cutting, but BASTING, on the other hand, is a horror show. I always end up sweaty from crawling around on the floor, and cussing because something's gone wrong.

MalinisQuilts said...

I feel cutting is my least favorite part too, because somethings that's were things go wrong for me.

Those are great fabrics and great find on the dress.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Charlotte is adorable! Cutting is OK but basting...UGH! I feel such a huge sense of accomplishment when I complete basting a quilt. Makes me look forward to the quilting stage SO much more!