Monday, July 01, 2013

City Sampler, Blocks 7-18

So, less than 24 hours after writing yesterday's post, this happened:
 
 
I just could. not. stop.  Luckily my kids cooperated and took naps at the same time and I did stay up a bit late.  But now I am all caught up!  I find it helps a lot to cut several blocks at a time and I am finding I really enjoy sifting through the fabrics to decide on new color combinations.  I needed a break from a few projects that require me to come up with measurements and using my own creativity for the design- sometimes it's nice to just get lost in a pattern and follow someone else's directions.  Without further ramblings, here they are, in numerical order:
 
Block 7:
 
 
Block 8:
 
 
Block 9:

 
Block 10:
 
 
Block 11:

 
Block 12:
 
 
Block 13:

 
Block 14:
 
 
Block 15:


Block 16:
 


Block 17, (the hardest one for me, so far):
 


Block 18:
 


This has been a fun project so far - I am really enjoying it.  It's not too late to join this QAL - I essentially completed 4 weeks worth of blocks in a day!  Not that I am recommending procrastination.......

4 comments:

QuarterMileQuilts said...

Love how these are coming together :)

alidiza said...

WOW!!! The blocks are fabulous and I love how you just got in the zone:-)

Jen said...

I love how these look so cohesive together yet each block stands alone so well. Can't wait to see more.

MalinisQuilts said...

Wow! you're definitely on a roll.
These blocks look wonderful!