Friday, September 05, 2014

Bedtime Story Pajamas

The p.j.'s are completed with a little blood, sweat, and tears.  This pattern could be completed by a grade schooler- but my problem was my inexperience with my serger.  I accidently cut a nice sized hole in an armpit of the shirt in an effort to finish the seam.  I ended up patching it with a scrap and some Wonder Under.  Not cool.  I was already feeling less than enthused because the thread was really loose and playing with the tension dials wasn't fixing it.


I am going to take a break from clothing and finish up my Giant Star quilt before I attempt to use my serger again.


The pajama top is really big on Charlotte but the pants fit a little better.  My 2.5 year old is tall for her age but isn't truly a 3T yet.

At least she likes the pajamas- she threw a fit when she couldn't wear them the other night when they weren't yet finished.  She doesn't know or care about the patched up armpit- so I still call this project a "win," despite the mishap.


Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

Sarah Fredette said...

She looks super happy and excited about them - and adorable too!!! Oh, and I like the new header. :D

Vera said...

what a cutie!

BKringel said...

She will quickly grow into these. They are very cute - as is she!

MBMathis said...

So cute. She looks so happy to be wearing them.

Can that PJ pattern please exist for adults?

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Oh goodness she is adorable!!