Monday, March 23, 2015

Baby Boy Quilt Finish

I finished the baby boy quilt and I am pretty pleased with it.  It's not as much of a "show stopper" as the girl quilt but I like the graphic appeal of this design and the prints I used.  Sewing together equilateral triangles was quite easy for me after having had experience with patterns like Krackle and New Wave.  As long as you line the pieces up correctly, it's no more difficult than simple patchwork squares.


Since my first two children have been "texture snobs," I have learned by experience to make baby quilts with soft backing fabrics.  My choice for this quilt is called "Gnome Pants" from Cotton and Steel.  I did straight line quilting and bound this quilt with some Happy Go Lucky dots from my stash.


Total stash fabric used in this post: 2.5 yards
Total stash fabric used since 1/1/15: 25 yards
Total stash fabric used to date: 27.5 yards

Thanks for reading!  

3 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I agree softer fabric on the baby quilts is a great choice.

I still admire how much you're getting done these days. Triangle quilts are fun, this reminds me I need to finish the one I started last year.

Anonymous said...

I love it- the prints work really well in the triangles. And hooray for soft backings :-)

Sarah Fredette said...

I would say this quilt would be appropriate for any baby - girl or boy. :D But, as we know, I'm not a girly girl. It turned out so pretty Laurie!