Sunday, January 17, 2016

Betty Lou Dress

Here's another dress I made for my daughter this week.  Shocker.  I know.  All of my blog readers that are strictly quilters may be gone by now.  Of course, interests, time demands, and needs change.

I bought this pattern, the Betty Lou dress, during a great Black Friday sale. For less than $5, I got a bargain!  I was a little nervous to try a PDF pattern that was just under 50 pages, but as you can see, it worked out:

i

I did find this to be a challenging sew but not enough for me to never return to the pattern again.  Gathering the ruffles was very tedious and the bodice ruffle took me at least a full hour.  I also struggled with the instructions - it wasn't the clear, concise format I've been used to.


I purchased the fabric from an after Christmas sale at $5 a yard.  That kind of price was perfect for a project like this, especially when I thought I needed 1.5 yards of each fabric.  (It turned out I needed a bit less of each, as I have some leftover fabric besides scraps).



Stash used in this post: 2.5 yards
Stash used since January 1, 2016: 3 yards
Stash used to date: 5.5 yards

Thanks for reading!  I am going to sew another dress this week but I've also started a brand new quilt.  I'll check back in soon.

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.

5 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Oh that's so adorable! Beautiful dress and her cute smiling face says it all! :)

SewPsyched! said...

oh my word! cutest ever!!

Mary Marcotte said...

This is one adorable little dress. I'm a quilter who's sticking around, but I'll admit there was a time when I was less quilter and more seamstress because I was sewing for myself and our three boys--rarely quilts. Now, I quilt and occasionally make repairs. You're right, life does force us to make changes.

Sheri said...

Oh so darling!!! Girl and dress!!!

Jenny said...

Such a pretty dress. And that beaming smile on your little girl's face says it all! She loves it!