Sunday, January 03, 2016

Sunday Stash: Presents Received

Just for fun, here's a "Sunday Stash" post.  I make gift giving (for myself) easy because I always have my eye on a sewing book or fabric range that appeals to me.  The books I received for Christmas include:

The New Hexagon by Katja Marek
Quilt Lovely by Jen Kingwell
Old Quilts, New Life by Sarah Fielke
Beyond Snapshots by Rachel Devine and Peta Mazey

I am especially excited about The New Hexagon (I also received the paper pieces to make the 52 unique EPP blocks- totally worth it to not photocopy and cut from the book!).  I realized I had recently been quite keen to do the EPP for Owen's stocking and that this might be a fun project to work on when I have the desire to sew but only the energy to watch Netflix.  More on this project, coming soon!


Nick generously gave me lots of fabric for Christmas: Ella Blue Basic bundle (left), Paper Bandana (right), and Lecien Modern text basics (bottom).  The Ella Blue collection is my favorite- I am sure these versatile fabrics will appear in many projects.


Finally, The Intrepid Thread had some killer end-of-the-year deals that will feed my interest in garment sewing.  The purples/grays will be two dresses for Charlotte and the others are designer knit fabrics that I couldn't pass up at $5 per yard!  I am so excited.  I've never sewn knits before but for such a bargain, I am willing to try.


Linking up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash.

No comments: