Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Under the Sea Swap: What I Made

 Somehow, I signed up to participate in a swap this summer: Under the Sea Swap on IG.  Signing up for it was very impulsive on my part, I had recently vowed to never participate in a swap, yet a few months later, I signed up for one.  I guess I was intrigued by the talent of the swap organizer - Carla and I liked the theme.

My partner had many interests on her information sheet but the detail that struck me was that she likes the sunset color scheme of navy, aqua, dark pink, bright orange, and yellow.  It took me a while to formulate a plan, but eventually I settled on creating a pillow depicting a sunset  over water, completed mostly with English paper pieced hexagons:


I did my usual zippered backing.  This pillow fits a 18" pillow form nicely.


For extras, I made a mini quilt with a tea towel I found at a TJ Maxx.  I had thought about using the towel for the main item, but I couldn't figure out what to make without making it too simple.  These are the extras I sent:


On the next post, I will showcase what I received in return.  Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday at Young Texan Mama.

2 comments:

Kay said...

These are just gorgeous, I love what you did with the sunset and cute wave fabric too. You have one very lucky swap partner. x

Hilary said...

Love the pillow cover you made, and the extras are cute! Thanks for sharing with Sew Cute Tuesday :D