Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Under the Sea Swap Continued and WIP

In the IG hosted #undertheseaswap I received a lovely tote from Barbara with a cute whale theme.  (I love whales!)  She did a really nice job with the design and structure of the bag- it's very sturdy.  Apparently her secret to great structure was using two layers of interfacing, crinoline, and cotton batting.  


Here's the back:


She did send me some awesome and generous extras but it's been almost two months since the end of the swap and they've all kind of scattered within my house.  She included fabric leftovers, a zip pouch, thread, a pair of socks, sea shells, and some adorable mermaid zipper pulls.

And just to update you on the more current state of my sewing adventures... I am making myself an Art Student Tote:


This Anna Maria Horner Field Study linen feather print was my fabric "unicorn" for a long time, when about 6 months ago, I found 1.5 yards on Etsy for a normal price.  I was so happy!  It was time for me to put it to use, and I did so yesterday (Labor Day) with a few guild friends.  I only finished the exterior, hopefully I will update soon with the lining installed and the bag complete.


My friend Wyna surprised me with this adorable and impeccably made basket as a gift for coming to her house to sew.  Shouldn't I have brought a gift?!  She's so generous and sweet and definitely one of the most talented sew-ist's I know.


Thanks for reading!

No comments: