Friday, September 16, 2016

Art Student Tote for Me

I made an Art Student Tote (pattern by Anna Maria Horner) for me.  I started this as a project to do with a friend on Labor Day.  I got around to finishing it this week.  

I made a few modifications of my own: lots of interfacing within the interior and exterior bag pieces, I wrapped the strap fabric around nylon webbing instead of using interfacing, I added an interior zipper pocket, and I added a gusset with a zipper just inside of the bag.  


I've made this bag before and I really remember feeling much happier with my first version.  I'm trying to figure out what the difference is.  One thing that might improve this bag is top-stitching around the top- I didn't have the right color of coordinating thread, but will be sure to pick some up soon.  The top edge is just looking so sloppy.


Here's a picture of the back of the bag.  How I love these pretty feathers!


The interior of the bag was made from some of my AMH stash fabrics- they coordinated quite well without looking too matchy-matchy.


Admittedly, this project is leaving me feeling a bit dejected.  Maybe I am just tired, I don't know.  I just don't love it like I loved the first Art Student tote I made.  I don't understand the big difference.  I am eager to return to some quilt WIP's now- something a little more "2D" is what I am craving.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.

4 comments:

Vera said...

I'm having mixed feeling when I finish things as well. I guess a bit of doubts is pretty normal :) Looks good to me :)

Judy @ Sew Some Sunshine said...

It looks wonderful, I love the interior fabric!

mangozz said...

That is a gorgeous purse/tote - interior is just as nice as the exterior. I would love to have something similar.

Jenny said...

HOPE you have sorted out your feelings on the bag, its gorgeous