Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chelmsford Quilting Guild

I am very happy about my introduction to the world of quilting guilds last night. I was inspired by my very favorite friend, Sister Forbes, and her very enthusiastic recommendation that I ought to investigate joining a quilting guild. I googled the idea and came across the Chelmsford Quilting Guild and I went to my very first meeting last night. I was a little apprehensive, anticipating that everyone would already know each other and I might feel a little awkward- especially considering the infamous New Englander "reserved" personality. But my fears were unfounded, several people were very kind and friendly.

The evening was filled with socializing, showing off guild projects, and organizing for their upcoming biennial show. I really enjoyed myself and plan to join as a member for the next coming year.

I am especially excited because I want to meet people with my same interests. The next thing I want to do is join a book club (where people actually read interesting books) and join a yoga class...... It's easy to get in the habit of just trying to socialize with those in your ward, but I really want to get out of the habit of depending on my ward to fill all of my social circle.....

No comments: