Friday, June 10, 2011

Fabric Friday: Fabric as Art

I had 1.25 yds of AMH Sketchbook in Ivory fabric that Nick put to good use for me this week: About $3 in lumber, staples, and screws were all that was needed to put together this beauty! I recently decided that I was getting tired of the Africa motif in our apartment, so here was my first effort at changing that.

Last night the Boston Modern Quilt Guild had a sew-in at Gather Here and Make Something in Cambridge, MA. That store may possibly be my most favorite local quilt store now. I couldn't believe their selection - most modern fabric stores nearby rarely have the newest stuff, carry only a few prints from any given line, and the employees are often grouchy and mean.... not the case at Gather Here. I guess maybe I don't need to move to Denver anytime soon to be closer to Fancy Tiger. I couldn't leave without some bike fabrics from the new Birch line: Avalon.

1 comment:

melisgm said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new wall hanging!!!!