Friday, February 17, 2012

Boy Sleep Sack

The boy sleep sack is finished. I am very happy with how it came out. I think this is one of my "all time" favorite projects to do. I love using the nicer "designer" flannel (all other flannel projects that I do are always sourced at Joann's), I love the patchwork panel, and the end result is just so sweet. We'll see how truly functional it actually is soon enough. I used a pattern from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings. I can't believe I almost bought more flannel for the lining when I was truly only a few inches short. I took Jenny's advice and pieced a few parts to make it work and of course - you can't even tell because it's all the way inside the bottom of the sack. I know the real reason why I was worried about this issue, and it wasn't about cosmetics: I was simply feeling lazy and was super annoyed that I couldn't just cut out the piece without extra fuss.

I bought this flannel ages ago to make a receiving blanket but never got around it - it's a Robert Kaufman fabric but I can't remember the name. I used one of my favorite Joel Dewberry woodgrain fabrics for the bias edging.

10 more days till my due date!

4 comments:

Monkeysinmypocket said...

it looks fantastic! Bubs will love it I'm sure! Good luck over the next 10days!

Rosa said...

It`s awesome,you did great job!!

KerryQ said...

Thinking "quick and painless" thoughts for you. And of course healthy thoughts, too.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

That is so special..It looks fantastic