Monday, February 20, 2012

Handmade Baby Gifts

Ohmygosh - I don't even know where to begin with this post. I feel so humbled by several BMQG member's generosity. We had our meeting on Saturday and during the show and tell, I was surprised by a baby shower of sorts! I couldn't believe the gorgeous things that my friends had made me. Instead of continuing to gush, I will allow the pictures to do most of the talking:

Rebecca made the baby the most amazing quilt. I can't believe how creative this design is - I seriously think she should enter it into some contests because it is so well done, unique, and modern. Look how she represented clouds, the sun, a blue sky, and grass: This bear is to die for.

I will always think of her when my baby uses it - it not only has a Momo fabric but she bound it in a Joel Dewberry woodgrain fabric - a fabric she absolutely LOVES.

She also made this matching white shirt with an appliqued and emroidered bear. It is so sweet.

Alexis made this adorable penguin which Gregory immediately laid claim to. "It's mine" were the first words out of his mouth when he saw it. I love handmade softies.

Amy made these adorable booties for my little one. I have seen this pattern around blogland but have never had the courage to try it myself - they're so itty! I am SO excited to use these- the gender neutral fabrics are perfect.

Jane made these sweet drool bibs - there is no way I am using them for food. She quilted them and everything - so, so cute!

Alice made these adorable burp cloths - she knows me too well with having used some prints from two of my favorite designers: Ann Kelle and Laurie Wisbrun.

Aimee made me this adorable diaper carrier and burp cloth set. You can never have too many of any of these. I love the Heirloom prints she used especially!

On Saturday evening I went out for a much needed "girl's night out" with friends. My good friend Liz presented me with this gorgeous knitted blanket. I just love it - pictures do not do it justice - it is SO soft!


I am amazed at her talent. I would be so happy if the baby "attached" to this blanket or Rebecca's bear blanket because they've come from meaningful friendships.

Thanks for sticking around for this long post. For many of the projects, my friends blogged about them and included links if they used a tutorial.


Most of you reading this can probably understand why receiving handmade gifts is so special. Sometimes people think that I wouldn't want anything handmade because I sew - but if anything, I think I have a deep appreciation for what other's create and I understand that it takes a lot of extra thought and work to make something special for a friend. My baby is very lucky!

2 comments:

Caty said...

There's NO way I can pick a favorite project. You're right though, that baby bear quilt is just to DIE for!!!

natski said...

They're all so gorgeous and handemade just makes them all so much more special. What a lot of love :)