Monday, February 06, 2012

Girly Spiderweb complete!

I finished this quilt over the weekend and I am very happy with how it turned out. I used a lot of pink scraps and about 1.5 yds of Sherbet Pips ice cream dot. It measures about 40" square. Even though I had issues with doing pebble quilting, it was fun to do a new technique and I love the look and texture it provides.

I am glad I decided not to quilt the pink spiderwebs - it makes them puff up, which is kind of fun. All of the seams within the blocks make for some very thick fabric areas that would've been very difficult to quilt through.

I am entering this into the "Scrap Attack Quilt Along" at Stitched in Color. I backed the quilt in some minkee I had had in my stash for ages and bound it with a reproduction stripe that I am happy to have finally put to use!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

madebymum said...

love the pebbles .

alidiza said...

So pretty!!! All those pebbles, they really make it and I LOVE that striped binding: )

Rosa said...

It`s just gorgeous.Love the pebbles,great and your fabrics choice are fantstic.Congratulations!!

Aimee said...

REally gorgeous Laurie!! The pebbles look amazing - those are so hard to do & you did an amazing job!

MadeByMeaghan said...

I really like how you left the spiderwebs unquilted - nice effect and practical (with all those seams to go over!) :) Great job, as usual!

Annie said...

you pebble quilted on something with a minky background 0_0

Airon said...

That is so pretty! I love the pebble quilting too. It must've taken you ages to do it. So pretty!

sewmeafumberlant said...

I am working on a spiderweb quilt using the same tutorial. Love the quilting you did, I have just about finished the top and have no idea how I will quilt mine. Congrats you have made an awesome spiderweb quilt!