Tuesday, November 13, 2012

AMH Dreamweaver Quilt Complete

 It's finished!  Yay!  I love, love, love it!  The fabric collections of Anna Maria Horner go beautifully together.  So, so pretty!  It's about time I finally used a bunch of them together.  And I have to say that I do count myself lucky that I have a husband that is willing to sleep under this rainbow-flower explosion - he really doesn't care!
 The quilt measures 95 inches square.  I used Robert Kaufman Essex Yarn-Dyed Linen in Flax for the rows between the prints.
 I long-arm quilted it at Laurena's Longarm Quilting studio.  I did a big version of Angela Walter's flowers on the rainbow rows and wavy lines on the Essex linen.  It was a lot of fun to do and took me just under four hours.
 I wish I had thought to put leaves on the linen, but sometimes your best ideas come too late.
 I love the backing fabric - but I definitely cut it close in buying too little.  One of the sides had less than an inch to trim off after it was quilted.  Yikes!
I bound the quilt in the Hugs and Kisses print from Loulouthi - another favorite.
I entered this quilt into the Tula Pink Sew Along (when it was just a quilt top).  I enjoyed participating in the Tula Sew Along -  seeing so many different people use Tula's patterns and fabrics is very inspiring.  You can check other's creations here

6 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE IT!!! Seriously! This might be my favorite quilt you've made.

Amy Friend said...

Beautiful! When you use the longarm, does it bury the threads or do you still need to do that? I am guessing the second but curious.

Liz Jimenez said...

Laurie, it is GORGEOUS! Seriously wonderful. Congrats!

alidiza said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! I really love the quilting... next time I longarm I want to try FMQ. Your husband is lucky to sleep under so much love;-)

MalinisQuilts said...

Awesome quilt. Love both the front and the backing too. Lovely.

Great quilting. Flower design is fun.

Heather A said...

What a beautiful quilt! I found your blog via Pinterest by the way and I'm your newest follower.