Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I love Boston!


I had a bunch of posts ready to put together this week about various WIPs, the MQX show, and stacks of pretty fabric.  But it seems a bit too frivolous now- my previous post was written and published maybe 2 hours before the news of the bombing was announced.  The problems of having a fussy toddler seem pretty trivial when you think of what happened. 

I have lived in New Hampshire (grew up there) and Massachusetts (5+ years and counting)- I love New England.  I have lived and studied abroad, working with and witnessing a whole lot of human suffering in my social work education and career.  But there is something very unsettling about such acts of violence occurring only 45 minutes away amidst innocent people out to enjoy a normal and fun day in the city. 

My sewing productivity has significantly increased during these past few days - it's one of my best coping skills.  I am trying to hold my kids a little closer, to be a little more patient, and be more grateful.  My thoughts and prayers are with all those effected.

I will blog again with more sewing posts soon.  Life will go on and our city will come through this all the more stronger.

1 comment:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

I don't know what to say other than...yeah, this is, again, too close. This is not happening in an exotic faraway foreign country, it is happening in our back yard. But, I am energized by the positive response...when the Yankees play Sweet Caroline we know that we are connected by a bigger, stronger, positive force!