Monday, April 29, 2013

Winter Wonderland Sampler Completed

My cute little Winter Wonderland Sampler is completed!  I love this pattern and had a lot of fun making this.  The biggest mistake I made was to not pay closer attention to the recommended fabric for this project.  I think I just saw the words "18 count" and "linen" and grabbed the first thing I saw at Michael's.  I really should've paid more attention to the fact that white would not show up terribly well on this fabric- which resulted in my changing some colors and needing to do some outline stitches.  But it's okay- I love how it came out and plan to do this again as an advent calendar like this one.
 

I think my favorite motif is the little abominable snowman.  I can't help but think of Monsters Inc. - a movie played so often in our house that the DVD is starting to skip/freeze.  Snowcone anyone?


I also love the little apple cider (#15).  It's funny - I came across a blog post of a girl who likes these Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery cross-stitch patterns - but she refuses to put faces on things that don't have faces in real life.  I think that's the charm and the best part about them!


I am planning to make this sampler into a pillow - I am just waiting for a yard of Christmas fabric I ordered to arrive in the mail.  I don't even want to think about winter and Christmas right now - but at least I will have a decoration/gift ready in time! 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such a cute little sampler! Love it :) Monsters Inc is big in our house too - don't worry, its lemon!

MalinisQuilts said...

These are so cute! You have done a wonderful job with the cross-stitching!