Monday, September 30, 2013

City Sampler Blocks 43-54

Thank goodness for QAL deadlines, without them, I might still be curled up in a fetal position after a very busy weekend filled with a trip to the Deerfield Fair, 11 hours at the longarm quilting studio, 6 hours of going to yard sales, a church women's conference, and a toddler who has been screaming herself to sleep 5 nights in a row (seriously, she's been working herself up so badly that she starts gagging and nearly throwing up).  I had a little meltdown on Saturday night that had a little to do with something that happened but was more closely related to my exhaustion!

When I brought 7 quilts to the Chelmsford Quilt Guild meeting for show and tell (this was the first meeting of their "new year" and it was focused on members showing all they'd accomplished since the spring) - people were incredulous that I "got so much done" and they kept saying, "you have little kids."  My response was, "Sewing helps me stay sane."  I spent yesterday home from church with my sick little girl and sewed like crazy to catch up on my Tula Pink Sampler.  I am feeling much better now - even though these blocks are far from perfect:

43 

44 

 45

 46

 47

 48

 49

 50

 51

 52

 53

54 

1-54

I am so happy that I only have one more "triangles" block left - I think I am going to sail through the remaining sections after having survived some of these tiny HST and flying geese.

Linking up with Sew Sweetness.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lynne said...

I've been debating whether to do this sampler and I just am loving yours! As for the busy/crazy/busy juggle of mommy hood...it sounds like you have your priorities straight and if sewing keeps you sane then by all means get that sewing going!

MalinisQuilts said...

Wow! a lot going on. I can totally related to you on the sewing thing. My DH always asks me to slow down, but being home with kids and not having to do anything else is tough. Sewing/quilting is what keeps me sane. 11 hrs on long arm? last time my hand started hurting just for 3 hours.

These blocks look amazing. I hope your little one feels better.
take care!
Hema

Dayquilt said...

Are you using the book? Interested in selling it when you're done? Hope you will make it to one more CGQ meeting before you disappear :)