Tuesday, September 24, 2013

UFO Completed!

Nick took Gregory camping on Friday night and I had a glorious evening to myself to sew (Charlotte went to bed quite early due to skipping her nap that day).  I appliqued my hexie slab to a fat quarter from my stash. This project is coming along quickly thanks to my obsession with some Netflix shows in the evening and my love of hand sewing.  


I've been a little frustrated with the hexie project due to concerns with contrast, so I set that aside and completed a UFO.  I made this quilt top in the spring and left it on the "to be quilted" pile for a while.  Quilting it was so quick and easy - why did I wait so long?


I used two different colors of thread from my stash - a light pink and light blue- but you really can't tell.  I did "organic lines" over the whole top by using my walking foot on my domestic machine.  It measures 45" square.


Charlotte approves of my work- she really does love quilts!


I backed the quilt with some leftover fabric from the front.  It's a green solid that has quite a yellow hue to it - it's like a shot cotton but much sturdier.  I bought a big chunk of it at a yard sale for $1 -score!  The blue floral fabric is a splurge from my trip to Colorado last fall - a Nani Iro print.  The rest of the fabrics are scraps from my stash.  I bound it in one of my all time favorite fabrics - an older Joel Dewberry baby pink woodgrain print.


Linking up at Sew Cute Tuesday at Better off Thread:


Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

alidiza said...

Both are so pretty!!! I adore those little hexagons:-)