Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Sunflowers

I am entering my Sunflowers quilt into the "Original Design" category of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  This quilt is made from a giant cut of fabric I bought in Uganda when my husband and I volunteered there several years ago.  I created these "crazy quilt" block strips to run down both sides of the sunflower panels with the goal of creating visual interest without interfering with the scale and drama of the African fabric.  

Be sure to check out the other quilts at the festival this year!


AmysCreativeSide.com

P.S.  This weekend I am off to Ft. Collins to visit a long lost friend: a Gammill quilting machine (to rent!).  The giant  Penny Patch will be completed quite soon.  I am so excited!

3 comments:

DaisyLiz said...

Wow! What a great use of a sentimental piece of fabric. Your design compliments the african fabric beautifully!

CitricSugar said...

Very well executed - you showcased the fabric, you added a lot of interest... Great work!

cspoonquilt said...

Love the scrappy with the bold graphic. I think you accomplished what you set out to do! cheers.