Monday, May 19, 2014

Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival: Sherbet Pips Bird Bath

I decided to share an "old" favorite for my first Blogger's Quilt Festival entry.  I made this twin-sized Birth Bath quilt in 2011.  The pattern is from Elizabeth Hartman's "Practical Guide to Patchwork" book.  I remember being so psyched about Aneela Hooey's debut fabric collection: Sherbet Pips.  A friend and I pre-ordered half yards of the whole collection and it wasn't long before I cut it all up, along with a lot of stash fabrics and scraps, to make this quilt.  


This is one of my favorite quilts I've made because it is very scrappy with a limited color scheme- I love that look.  It is a simple pattern, but it wasn't exactly a quick quilt for me.  I also found it challenging to quilt it at the longarm rental place because I was 7+ months pregnant with my daughter.  I chose to stipple because my main goal was to simply get the three layers together before the baby came!


 Make sure to take some time to check out all of the other quilts in the festival.  Thanks for reading.

AmysCreativeSide.com

8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Great use of scraps! Limiting your colour palette definitely keeps it cohesive and yet all those different fabrics give it that scrappy warmth! Beautiful job.

Fran said...

What a great quilt, I've never seen this pattern before.

Just A Southern Girl said...

Beautiful! A new pattern for me, and I love how you've used a small colorway to really make this quilt "pop".

a maidenhair fern said...

I love this line of fabric, and you did a very nice job of showcasing it. I love your opening quote about creativity. I remember hearing that for the first time, and feeling a heaviness of guilt being lifted. How appropriate to put it on your quilting blog :)

Cynthia said...

I like the limited color palette scrappy look! Cute pattern too! Love it!

MalinisQuilts said...

This is such a beautiful quilt! I love Aneela's fabrics!

Teje Karjalainen said...

Most beautiful quilt! Wonderful colours and I love octagons!

magistra said...

I absolutely love this quilt! Beautiful!