Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Scrappy Category: Girlfriends Quilt

I am excited to share another recent finish.  This is a 70 x 90 quilt I made for my daughter with the collection of Ann Kelle Girl Friends fabrics I've been collecting.  I also used lots of stash fabrics and scraps to create a rainbow, bright look.


This pattern was created from a block I found in Quilty magazine.  I understand that it is a traditional block design that has been around for a while but I like the updated look it has with the fun fabrics.  I paper pieced the four corner units of each block to save time and achieve better accuracy.


I quilted the top on a Gammill Statler Stitcher, choosing a circular pattern with a pink thread that matched the Kona Peony sashing.


I used a big chunk of Michael Miller "Candy Stripe" from my stash that I've had for about eight years.  As I've said on this blog before, my early foray into modern fabrics involved a lot of rainbow prints that I now find difficult to use.  Knocking out six+ yards of this stash fabric felt so good!  I bound the quilt in a rainbow dotty print.


Linking up with Amy's Creative Side for the Blogger's Quilt Festival in the Scrappy Category:

AmysCreativeSide.com


Total stash fabric used in this post: 7 yards
Total stash fabric used since 1/1/15: 43 yards
Total stash fabric used to date: 50 yards

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the pink background in this quilt! And I know exactly what you mean, there are some purchases I made years ago that now I'm not sure what I to do with....

audrey said...

It is very fun! Great job with this quilt.:)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

I love everything about this quilt! Sweet and fun!

Jaisy Bonie said...

Nice setup with really a classy look. Some time ago I was looking for such an event too, which will be in my budget and the one that is appreciated by all. During my search I found New York venues and got fully satisfied and I am very much impressed by their settings and helping environment.