Sunday, May 24, 2015

It's a Boy!

I had a baby boy last Monday, May 18th.  We decided to name him Owen Alexander.  His birth weight was 8 lbs, 6 oz and he is 20" long.


His gender surprised both Nick and I.  Nick had been convinced throughout the pregnancy that he was a girl.  I was more unsure and didn't have a strong opinion either way until the week before he was born: I had a very vivid dream that I had given birth to a dark haired girl.  Instead, we had a sweet light haired boy!

Gregory is particularly thrilled to have a little brother and Charlotte has expressed some disappointment.  Nick and I, of course, are completely smitten and I am so relieved that he is so healthy.  Without having had gestational diabetes this time around, my pregnancy was monitored a lot less than what I had been used to, so it felt like a lot less was known about his growth and development in the womb.


I have had my mom in town to help with everything and I am very grateful.  Recovery has been particularly difficult and obviously I have my hands full with my two older children.  My husband is also taking quite a bit of paternity leave to be home during this time.


I kind of sewed like a maniac before Owen's birth, so there are a few scheduled posts sharing those projects.  I know I will be able to return to my favorite hobby periodically but I am not pressuring myself to do anything I don't have the time or energy for right now.  I am also making a concerted effort to really enjoy this baby - I really struggled emotionally after having my second and I think Owen will probably be our last child- so I really want to savor this special time and not get caught up in WIPs and starting new projects.

10 comments:

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Ah congrats Laurie. Certainly got your hands full there.

Tamie said...

Congratulations! What a special time.

Ann said...

Congratulations!

Bernie Kringel said...

So happy for you and your family. What a beautiful little guy. Thank you for sharing this happy news. Rest, recover and enjoy that newborn bliss. The sewing and blogging can wait a bit. Very happy for you!

EmileeHope said...

Congrats! He is adorable!

Rosa said...

Congratulations to all the family.It's adorable!

jane said...

Congratulations, Laurie!

jednoiglec said...

Huge congrats! He is so cute! No rush in getting back to sewing, as you know, celebrating these precious moments is the most important:) My daughter was born a month ago and I'm not still ready for sewing.

Samantha said...

Congratulations! Enjoy this time with your littlest- the blog world will wait for you :-)

MalinisQuilts said...

Congratulations Laurie! He is so beautiful and precious.
Take care of yourself and rest whenever the baby sleeps. I don't have to tell you :).
Your decisions seems to be wise, enjoy this baby now. Quilting will be waiting for you whenever you're ready :).