Friday, December 18, 2015

Finish it up Friday: Several Finishes

 It's time to play catch-up on this blog.  I have several finishes to share.  I have lots of pictures and less time for words.

I revisited the Oliver and S Library dress pattern with some Amy Butler Hapi fabric.  I love how it came out and am continuing to feel pleased that my daughter is consenting to wearing florals despite her penchant for novelty prints:





 I love how happy she is here:


My love for making dresses isn't slowing down and she can only wear so many....  I am seriously considering making these to sell at some point.  They're such a gratifying sew!

A friend here in Colorado is having a baby boy tomorrow (due on Christmas, getting induced tomorrow!  Eeek!  Exciting!).  Even though I've known Kelly was pregnant for quite a while - she came to me early for an OB recommendation - I really waited till the last minute to make the baby a quilt.  I pulled out one of my favorite boy prints (Ready, Set, Go! by Robert Kaufman) and got to work.  The bike theme is deliberate as the dad in the family works for a company marketing special mountain bikes.


This quilt came together fast and I am quite pleased with it!  I backed it with a stash dwelling blue/white polka dot and machine bound it with the same:


Finally, I attended a Christmas party with a gift exchange and brought this pouch to give as my gift.  I only finished it an hour before the party started and had to settle for a quick iphone photo:


I have one more major sewing deadline before I can really relax and focus on some of my own projects.  I'm trying not to go too crazy with handmade gifts, so it shouldn't be too hectic.  Thanks for reading!  Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.

Total stash fabric used in this post: 5.5 yards
Total stash fabric used since 1/1/15: 89.25 yards
Total stash fabric used to date: 94.75  yards

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing boy quilts on the web. That little pouch is cute, but your daughter steals the show! Merry Christmas!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Your baby quilt is really cool with the bright colours and the bike print - great work on all of your projects!

Jenny said...

Love that happy smiling little face!