Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Scraptastic Tuesday: Embroidery Hoop Ornaments

When I work with my scraps, this is what my sewing room floor looks like:


I had a great time making 10 wooden hoop ornaments over the past few days.  The idea came from this tutorial by Elea Lutz.  I had these cute 4" wooden embroidery hoops purchased from a yard sale (thrifting for the win!) and dug deep to find any Christmas/winter scraps and just had fun with it.  I used wool felt for a backing to the hoops (to make the backside look neat), vintage rick rack for the hanging loops, and red pom poms for the berries.  I busted out the glue gun, pinking shears, and fabric paint/stamps too- I felt so crafty.


Here's a closeup of a few of my favorites.


I will be keeping a few for our family and giving a few to friends and family.  It was definitely a fun project and I hope to revisit it again.

Linking up to She Can Quilt for the December Scraptastic Tuesday Link up.

5 comments:

Dresden Lane said...

test

Leanne Parsons said...

They are really cute!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love these!

cspoonquilt said...

Those are so cute! What a great way to make a quick gift and use up scraps at the same time!! Happy holidays!

Sarah Fredette said...

Super adorable!!! And the matroyshkas are back! :D I will now be making a bunch of these in the calm after christmas... now to find tiny embroidery hoops... :D