Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Scraptastic Wednesday: Purple Projects

I just can't stay away from "quick" projects.  I really want to work on my ongoing quilt projects, but somehow I can't stop myself from making a pillow, a zip pouch, or a dress when the opportunity arises.  

A friend of mine has been in the academic trenches of PhD "comps."  She has been studying for months and had three full days of written testing ahead of her.  This all finally ended on Tuesday and I arranged for this little handmade surprise to reward her at the end of it all.  Her favorite color is "radiant orchid" and I got to work with some scraps, some stash, and a bit of Essex Linen in Putty.  The pattern is from Pillow Pop.


A zippered back with one of my favorite purple-ish fabrics:


Speaking of purple and scraps, I finally made my first Hello Kitty block for the pixelated quilt pattern.  I sewed very carefully and worked to get all the points to match.  It really feels so gratifying to sew with scraps: the little pieces remind me of previous projects and it feels good to be putting them to use:


Linking up to Scraptastic Tuesday:

Scraptastic Tuesday

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Great scrappiness - I love it for the reminders of other projects too. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

Meg said...

This is so pretty! I love the gray with those reddish purples. Thanks for sharing!

Samantha said...

Such pretty purples- sure to make your friend's day!