Monday, January 17, 2011

First Finish of 2011

Literally as I was sewing the binding onto this quilt top, I received a text from a favorite friend from college - letting me know she is having a girl! Of course, my husband had to tease me that I would probably make her something different anyway. I blogged about finishing this quilt on April 17, 2010, so obviously it's been a long time coming! The fabrics all came from my stash - with a Heather Ross gnome Spoonflower fabric being the center of each log cabin block. I particularly love the combination of pink and green.


The quilt was backed with an Alexander Henry fabric I found in my stash and bound with a Mezzanine clover dot print.
Okay - I just made a list of the quilt tops I have left to quilt and the tally has come to 9. My current project is attaching the binding to the AB Love quilt - so that one is nearly complete! The 9 quilt tops left to finish are:
3 baby quilts (Planes, City Weekend, and Sock Monkey)- easily can be done on my machine
2 medium size: Black/White/Yellow, Princess and Pea tops - maybe can be done on my machine
1 large one- Emily's blue/green rectangle quilt - I think I can do it on my machine with my walking foot
3 large quilts that I want to long-arm: Pop Garden, Urban Circus, and Tufted Tweets
Wow- I am not very creative with trying to "name" my quilts!
I am really itching to start some new projects but all of these UFO's (Un-Finished Objects) are like this nagging burden that I just want to be done with! All of my new Christmas fabric is particularly calling to me though!

2 comments:

melisgm said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! SO CUTE! Great job on quilting your own quilts these days :)!!!

kanewoman said...

I LOVE this quilt. I am pretty sure it is my favorite to date. Did you really do that beautiful quilting on your machine? AWESOME!