Monday, January 31, 2011

January NEMQG Meeting

Despite a minor cold, there was no way I was going to miss this past weekend's NEMQG meeting! It had been almost two months since we had all gotten together. The highlight of the meeting was a "trunk show" by Sew Fresh Fabrics - Peg and Becca were so fun and nice. They talked to us about their experiences in running an online fabric store and it was very interesting and informative. Of course, we all had the opportunity to buy some fabric from them, here our my spoils:
I was the lucky winner of the door prize- two charm packs; and I also included 2 cuts from the Fabric Corner in my picture. Can you tell that I am dreaming of spring, based on my color choices?!

At that meeting, I also received my bee blocks. These ladies did NOT disappoint! I am so thrilled. I can't wait to make more and put this baby together!



They look so striking when they are pushed together. Here's a shot of an impromptu "design wall" (scraps of batting laid on my needs-to-be-vacuumed living room rug.)


Finally, here's a picture of the "library bag" I made for a friend. The pattern comes from Sandi Henderson's Bits and Pieces book. The cutting directions really confused me - I swear a measurement for the right panel was completely omitted and I didn't understand why she wanted the lining to measure larger than the outside! If any of you have insights on this, let me know.

1 comment:

Monet said...

The blocks look so great together! I am so excited!