Saturday, January 15, 2011

Works in Progress

Tuesday night was spent basting this baby. Originally I had planned on doing a disappearring nine-patch, but I opted not to diturb the large-scale designs. I am also in a bit of a hurry to complete this for a friend who lives in a freezing apartment. I don't think it will be as appreciated if I give it to her in June.
This is the other quilt top that I sewed with my friend over the weekend. It came out more boxy than I had anticipated, but I am liking the look of it. I made SO many blocks - I am debating on adding one more row..... This quilt is going to be a late graduation present for my sister. The pattern is very loosely based off a free pattern for a batik quilt that had been mailed to me - trying to entice me to subscribe to a magazine or something.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I love the blue and green fabrics - it looks so fresh and modern! And yes I agree - get that 'Love' quilt to your friend while it's still cold!!

Just Jenn said...

Your friend will be so happy - pretty and warm!
I like the one for you sister too, the colors are lovely.