Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Quilt A-Long and Block Prep

True confession: I borrowed this DVD from a church friend a few weeks ago and I keep "forgetting" to give it back to her. I am kind of obsessed. Would you believe I had never seen it before? True story. Gregory loves it too. (pic credit)

Unfortunately, this post is going to be a lot of pictures of fabric - but I promise I have been sewing a lot. The project I completed over the weekend cannot be revealed until the recipient receives it and I have also been working on a boring, old UFO (picture at the end of post).


But I am excited about what's on my sewing agenda for the next few weeks. I made a spur of the moment decision yesterday to join the Blogger's Block-A-Palooza Quilt Along. I knew I should use my Hushabye FQ set I've had since the late summer. While watching Castle, I ironed all of the fat quarters last night and today I am going to complete the first block.


I also rifled through my stash to pull fabrics for my upcoming turn in the Hip to Bee Square flickr group.


I want to use these Far Far Away II fabrics as the focus.

I was surprised that I had much more orange options than aqua. Are there any I should omit? I am going for a gender neutral theme - i.e. no florals.


This is one of the oldest WIP's I have - and I only have about 1/4" of the binding left to hand-sew. Woohoo! I will show more pictures later.


1 comment:

melisgm said...

Oh man! The Sound of Music is the best! Glad you finally watched it! Wait... are you the one who hasn't seen Fiddler on the Roof? Or is that someone else?