Monday, April 11, 2011

Dresden Doll Quilt

Remember when I said that I finished 4 quilts about a week ago? Well, this is the final and fourth quilt that I had completed. On the morning of our most recent Boston Modern Quilt Guild meeting (name change alert!) I took my first (oops!) look at the supplies needed for our binding lesson and realized that my 6" quilted block wasn't going to cut it when we needed something that was at least 9". I reached for one my last "UFO's" (un-finished object) and got to work. I had made this pink and green dresden plate in preparation for my African heart dresden project - and it had sat as a scrunched up ball on my shelf ever since. I think my favorite thing about this mini quilt is that it uses fabrics that go well together without being in the same collection. There is a little bit of Moda Uptown, Modern Meadow, Freshcut, and Wildwood in there. Alice taught us a lovely class on binding. Even though I have been binding quilts for almost two years now, she taught me so much that I didn't know. If you want to know how to do the easy, invisible join method, check out this link.

No comments: