Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tufted Tweets Complete

Sometimes you really just have to finish a quilt, binding and all, before you issue your final verdict on it. My Tufted Tweets quilt top sat around for quite a while after completion and I grew to dislike it. My main issue is that I wish I hadn't included any gray in the log-cabin blocks - it just looks a little off to me. I came really close on not investing the money on batting and long-arm rental to finish it. But I went ahead and finished it anyway and I am glad that I did.




I really enjoyed doing free-motion stippling. It only took me 2.25 hours to complete the whole quilt. I didn't even have to sit down and eat the lunch I had packed for the day!

This is the backing, a Cosmo Cricket print from the collection "Snorkel."

3 comments:

Monet said...

I love the log cabin blocks in it...they were one of the first things I noticed at the show-and-tell!

melisgm said...

Love tufted tweets and I love this quilt. Good job!

Micmacker said...

I love the combination of blocks on this. What grey did you use?