Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blogger's Blockapalooza Blocks are finally finished!!!!!

I am so happy to see this sight on my design wall, all 16 blocks are finally complete!!!!! I can't emphasize how much I ended up hating this project. I mean no disrespect to the organizers/pattern writers, etc. But it was just not something I enjoyed. My problem was the difficulty of the blocks, falling out of love with the fabrics, and having no real purpose for this quilt (not sure what I am going to do with it when it's done!)

Normally, I am the type of person that can stop reading a book if I am not enjoying it- but I really felt that I should finish this project especially given that I had already bought the 5.25 backing fabric required. I also didn't want to wimp out and have a useless baby blanket.


It probably would've helped if I had chosen fabrics that I was more in love with. Someone made this quilt with City Weekend fabrics and I love their version.









Now I need to decide how I will lay these blocks out. There are two options I am considering: 1. I can sash the blocks with a neutral and put cornerstone squares at the intersections of the squares. Or I can frame them around a large piece of the large owl print that comes in the Hushabye line. I am going to figure it out ASAP so that I can get this baby quilted and bound!


I started out with a full FQ bundle of the Hushabye Tula Pink line and now I don't know if I can use these fabrics again. I am going to try and swap them or sell them.....

No comments: