Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jumping from Project to Project

(Pictured above: a bowl of dresden fans ready to be sewn all together - trimming, turning, and pressing these babies was not a quick effort!)


I promised you all that I was doing some sewing and not just spending all of my time fabric shopping! I have been working on several different projects.



I did another block for the Blogger's Palooza quilt along - I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to do this quilt. I had never done a quilt along before and hadn't heard much about it - but I just started making blocks as they were posted. Then illness after illness hit our family and I put it aside midway through the quilt along. Now I loathe this project and just want to get it over with - "flying geese" units are decidedly not my friends. Now that my 1/4" seam problem has been fixed - I am able to return to these Pips snowball blocks. (I think I need to clarify that I have always had a 1/4" foot- the problem was that the needle was not in the right position - properly spaced from the 1/4" guide. My machine does not have the option of moving the needle by the click of a button - so it had to be fixed internally.)


I hope you all don't get sick of these blocks - I still have 61 to go.


I sewed my strips onto my bricks for this quilt:



I hope no one minds that I have a fabric Friday post scheduled for tomorrow - I am always one that enjoys knowing what bloggers like and it can be a good way to know about newly available goodies. Plus I love to see pictures of fabrics rather than the screen image provided by the manufacturer - a real photo provides a real understanding of what the fabric really looks like! Finally, I've said it before and I will say it again: I am decidedly more obsessed with fabric than I am with sewing!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i love those crimson and gold trees from the previous post, and your pips are lookin' good!