Sunday, August 21, 2011

Dresden Progress

Last week I finished up all of my dresden plates for the Dotty for Dresden quilt. There are 30, as I am adding a full column to the pattern in order to make the quilt queen sized. I am really pleased with how they came out. I put the pieces together randomly - just trying not to have same colors touching and having no fabrics repeated within the plate.

Friday night, I started another quilt:

All of my WIP's are kind of overwhelming me right now! This weekend I have been trying to put together the top of the Hushabye sampler quilt.... I would much rather work with the above projects but I will get to them as soon as possible.

2 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

I really like the colors you are using for the dresden!

Harriet Toothfighter said...

I agree! Those colors all look so bright and inviting! It reminds me of a hexagon quilt my great-grandmother made that I've always loved. I can't wait to see what you do with yours.