Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mosaic Top Done!



You all might be sick of this quilt by now but unfortunately, at least one more post is coming (when I finally finish it!). I would love to hear opinions on whether I should add a few borders. I am thinking: 1st a small white border, followed two gray and purple borders that are a little thicker than the white (maybe 3 inches each?).

P.S. Thanks for all the empathizing and supportive comments regarding the Hushabye sampler that I hated. I'd never written a post like that because usually I like what I make. I am going to finish it - but not for a while - it's time to focus on other things.

6 comments:

Jeannette Bruce said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Not sick of this at all. I'm thinking of making one similar with my Central Park fabrics. I've been wanting to make one like this for a while now...

Jeannette Bruce said...

It could go without borders, but I think a bit of purple border around it will set it off nicely. (with the narrow white as well.)

Rebecca Lynne said...

Really love this...it looks so ornate! I can't wait to see it completely done. ;)

Tonni said...

I love this mosiac quilt! My opinion would be to bind it in purple without added borders.

alidiza said...

Beautiful!!! I vote for borders, definitely thin white and then at least one more of something darker to frame it. Can't wait to see it in person!

Aimee said...

LOVE IT! It looks so cool. I'm of two minds on borders. My first instinct is always no, but whenever I have done a border, I love it. I think your idea is a great one!