Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gregory's Birdie Quilt

Melissa made this sweet quilt for Gregory. It is a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. I love the color choices and bird- theme. His room actually has somewhat of a bird theme - I made him a bird mobile and his nursery art is a series of prints from this etsy seller: Barkingbirdart.

Anyway, I love the prints she used - some Red Letter Day, Flea Markte Fancy, and some Tina Givens. The back is a perfect choice- a flannel with little birds on it!

I have to say that it means a lot that she made this for Gregory. People often think that I don't want anything handmade because I sew a lot - but if anything, I have an appreciation for how much time and work goes into something like this! I love it!

1 comment:

melisgm said...

Ahhh!!! I got featured on THE BLOG!!! :) I love you guys and I was so happy to make this for him/you (You appreciate it more than he does right now lol)! There isn't anyone I would have rather done it for!