Saturday, August 20, 2011

World Quilt Show 2011

The World Quilt Show in Manchester, NH did not disappoint. The quilts on display were very diverse - there was something there for everyone! I love how they have quilts from all over the world - Japan, South Africa, England, Germany, etc.

I will be brief in my narration of the few pictures I show here:

I liked this one because it uses African prints - I am always looking for ideas on how to use my Uganda fabric stash! The work of Linda Schmidt was on display and it was nothing short of jaw-droppingly beautiful. I should've taken more pictures of her work, but these next two were some of my favorites:



This quilt was from Germany and I was mainly inspired by the unique color pallette.

This floral quilt was a collaborative effort from a guild in Capetown, South Africa. I thought it was absolutely gorgeous!

There were so many vendors at the show, it was a bit overwhelming. I was very interested in "Dusty's Vintage" - a small company in MA that sells vintage tablecloths, buttons, trims, and fabrics. I bought two cuts from the 1950's - the purple and red paisley and a lavendar/green floral feedsack - a full yard of each. I am sure it's rare to find such old and pretty fabric in such pristine condition. These fabrics are sitting on a backdrop of a new Denyse Schmidt Sugar Creek print - Whimsy Bouquet - I am going to use it to back my dresden quilt. After I got home from the show - I took my son to Nashua to hunt some down - I was a woman on a mission!


I also got this horrifying novelty print at the World Quilt Show, my son really loves motorcycles. PJ pants are in order I think.


Maybe saying he's "obsessed" is a better term......


No comments: