Monday, August 08, 2011

Strips and Bricks

I am hoping to finish off the 10 rows I need for this quilt tonight: The color pallette/fabric choices feel very different than what I usually do - especially given my heavy use of neutrals. I am not sure how I feel about this project yet but I am optimistic. I am also enjoying the ease of it - sometimes you need a quick project. For the next 4 weeks me and Gregory are flying solo. Nick left today for a job training in Ohio. A few years ago, when he was in law school, he left for 3 months - but this separation feels more painful. It's probably due to the fact that we have a child now - I have to be a single parent for a little while and Nick feels the guilt of being away from our son. I know there are lots of spouses who have to separate for a lot longer than a month - so I will keep my complaining to a minimum. The one good thing about this, I am hoping, is that I think I might get more sewing done!


3 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

I love the way your quilt is looking!!

JuneBug said...

oh the neutrals with pops of color... it's beautiful, I love it!

Alexis Deise said...

OOh, I love that quilt! The neutrals are so lovely, and the bicycle fabric is one of my favorites; love how you've used it here.