Friday, November 15, 2013

Finish it Up Friday: Christmas Countdown Calendar QAL

My Christmas Countdown Calendar is done.  I am so happy with it and so glad that I saw the QAL by Better off Thread and Melia Mae Quilting.  


After some encouragement at a recent Boston Modern guild meeting, I decided to add a thick border of my most favorite Christmas fabric that I had featured on my Fabric Friday post here.  I am so grateful for my guild friend Sarah who told me she'd spotted this fabric on the bolt at Joann's recently - this enabled me to purchase more for this project, as I had only had a half yard piece.  Sarah was also kind enough to give me several pieces of adorable fabrics for this project- thank you Sarah!!!!


My favorite pocket is #5, little Santa gnomes:


 I also love this Patty Young print on #15:


I backed the quilt in the giant Santa gnomes as well as a leftover piece of Jingle snowflakes.

I look forward to participating in the QAL discussion of what types of fun things to include in these pockets.  If you have any fun ideas, please comment.

Linking up at Melia Mae Quilting QAL post and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.

6 comments:

Sarah Fredette said...

You're welcome!!! :D It turned out so adorable

Melia Mae Quilting said...

Your calendar is turning out gorgeous!!!! Excellent job! I love that you added a border.

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Makes me want to make one, as Christmas fabrics are my most favorite! I would put chap stick, chocolate coins, mini candy canes, hot chocolate packets, maybe a low cost gift card on the last day?, dollar store goodies, etc.

Sara said...

I have some of that Patty Young fabric in my stash waiting for the perfect project. Really cute calendar!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Adorable! And the border is perfect! Things I would put inside an such a lovely Advent Calendar: A simple make an ornament kit, fun shaped candy, Christmas stamps, Christmas cookies, funky socks...well, I could go on and on!

Jen said...

This turned out adorable. You could always include chocolate or candies. Or, you could head to the dollar store and see if there are any fun, small trinkets to put in as well. Do you do elf on a shelf? Could you include a note from your elf in each pocket as well?