Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Tag Along Needlework Tote for Me

Last week I had to devote some time to reorganizing my fabric stash - it was becoming ridiculously messy and I couldn't find anything.  Hardly any semblance of color order remained.  As I was organizing, I came across these two prints sitting on top of each other and I loved the pair together: deep, rich raspberry with jade.  


I decided to add a bunch of other fabrics and a few colors to the mix (blacks and dark peach) to make a tote (Tag Along designs) for my needlework (usually cross stitch).  I used this pattern a while ago to make one for my sister, blogged here.

I used that quirky sewing themed print for the lining and other stash fabrics within the interior.  To the right is a vinyl zippered pocket, the left pocket is perfect for paper patterns.  I didn't notice how crooked the left pocket was until I finished!  I quickly decided t's not worth the time to redo it all.

I don't have a lot of opportunities to cross-stitch outside my own home but it's nice to have this cute bag to use when the chance comes.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.



6 comments:

Jen said...

Super cute! I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of this during the big move.

One Wee Bird said...

This is just gorgeous...I need something like this for all my sewing crapola, I am shamed to say I use a ziplock bag!!

Tina in Boston said...

Wow! Great print and color choices! I especially love the 'keep calm' print.

MalinisQuilts said...

This is a lovely bag. That pink fabric is my favorite!
Lovely color.

alidiza said...

Adorable and perfect for when you want to craft on the go:-)

Unknown said...

Your article has demonstrated your diligent work and experience you have in this field.
cheap printing near me