Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Two Winners and More Christmas Present Sewing

The winner of the Tula Pink fat quarters is #150, Michelle, of the blog AQuilter212. There were 314 comments!  The winner of the quilted pillow is #162, Mary Smith of Louisiana.  (I haven't heard back from Michelle- if I don't hear from her by the end of the week, I will draw a different winner- so please contact me if you are Michelle!)

It cracks me up that there were many more entries for the fat quarters and the pillow cover was definitely less popular.  I stand by my assertion that Tula Pink fans are extremely loyal!

On Christmas, my family is going to be hosting two young women "sister" missionaries for the day.  They are really sweet girls who are giving up 18 months of their young lives to help people in our city.  Christmas will be a more relaxed day for them and I plan to spoil them rotten.  I've started my preparations by making the largest size of the open wide pouch from Noodlehead:


I am also finally making one for my sister who has had a thing for hippos.  I bought this fabric ages ago and I am actually glad I waited so long to cut into it because I barely became comfortable with zippers!  The other floral one just may stay with me.


Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

I just made my first zip pouch for a Christmas present and I think I certainly will make more! It may be too late for this year, but it may become one of my go-to gifts! Your pouches look lovely!

Mina said...

Love all of your fabric combinations, and the hippo fabric

Sarah Fredette said...

You always have the best fabric combos! :D And how sweet of you to spoil those girls.

Karyn said...

Great fabric choices!

Rosa said...

Just stunning and love your fabric eye!

MalinisQuilts said...

These noodlehead bags are super adorable!