Thursday, May 05, 2016

Fancy Fox Quilt Completed

 I finished my Fancy Fox quilt.  I am so happy with it!  Close to completion, I was getting a little tired of the project but the effort was worth it.  I started this at the February guild retreat, so it didn't languish in the WIP pile too long.




I don't know if there's much more I can say about this project.  Elizabeth Hartman is a talented designer and I enjoy her patterns a lot.  I want to make many more of her other animal quilts.  In the early days of modern quilting, her blog and first book were significant resources for me learning quilting techniques and I can thank her for the information I used when I finally took the plunge to try free motion quilting on my domestic machine.

I am not sure when I will finish this quilt.  I've got lots on my plate right now and it's not urgent.  But it feels so good to have it done, after I finished it, I rewarded myself by allowing myself to sew up yet another dress for my daughter.  Stay tuned :)

Linking up to Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Love this! Every fox is a gem.

Gwen said...

Wow! It's gorgeous!

Kay said...

Absolutely stunning. x

Heide said...

So cute, love your fun colorful fabrics.

Mary Marcotte said...

It's definitely a "fancy" fox in those pretty fabrics. I hope you get to quilt it soon. I hate having to wait to complete a quilt...it's just much more rewarding to jump right in to the quilting and have fun! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

That's a whole lot of super cute foxes! Love it!